Dr. Javier Alonso-Mora, Assistant Professor
Autonomous Multi-Robots Lab. Delft University of Technology
I am teaching the course "Robot Motion Planning and Control" (SC42090) in Q3.
Our department does not offer any such positions for external students.
We currently have a single available project on dynamic vehicle routing for ride-sharing. Vacancies for other projects again from September 2020 and January 2021 onwards. Every year we accept several students from the Vehicle Engineering track and BioRobotics specialization within the MSc Mechanical Engineering. In exceptional cases, we also supervise students from other MSc studies - if you are interested please see below the information that we require from you.
In the following link you can find a list of available MSc projects, with starting date.
Please first contact the daily supervisor to discuss the project.
Available MSc thesis projects
Several companies working in robotics or transportation offer internships (and sometimes MSc projects) for MSc students. Some companies that you may reach out to are: 2getthere, TNO, Vanderlande, Siemens (autonomous cars), Lely, Verity Studios, any car manufacturer, Amazon (application is almost one year in advance), Demcon Unmanned Systems, Via, Uber, Ortec, Connexxion. You may also find many more companies searching the websites of Robovalley and Yes! Delft.
We can occasionally accommodate (additional) highly motivated students in MSc projects or in ongoing projects before their graduation stage.
If you are interested in working on a project with us, please send us ca. 1 academic quarter before the intended starting date an e-mail including:
- a short CV (½ - 1 page)
- BSc & MSc transcripts
- a short motivation letter
- BSc thesis (PDF)
- any other information that might be relevant for the application
The motivation letter should state:
- what are you interested in? What would you like to achieve?
- the type of assignment you are interested in (more theoretical/more applied)
- whether you prefer a project at the TU or at a company
- the intended starting date
- your relevant experience (studies, technical projects, internships, hobbies, etc.)
- programming languages and related (C, C++, Python, ROS, etc.)
- Invited lecturer in the course "Introduction to Artificial Intelligence" at TU Delft
- Invited lecturer in the course "Intelligent Vehicles" at TU Delft
- Mentor and invited lecturer at MIT 2016: Duckietown: 2.166 Autonomous Vehicles
- Tutorial on Multi-robot Systems at RSS 2015: Optimal Control and Optimization Methods for Multi-Robot Systems
- Teaching Assistant at ETH Zurich 2012:
Autonomous Mobile Robots